Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Enhance Learning with Technology Math 1512 Post #4

If someone would have told me in high school that I would be creating a blog, cartoons, and mind maps for a college math class I would have thought they were crazy. I did not have much experience and was not very comfortable using different forms of technology until the last couple years. I had an email account in high school that actually closed down on me because I never used it. My friends had to pretty much force me to open a facebook account a couple years back. My sister told me to stop being an old lady (I was 25) and get with it. So I finally caved and opened a facebook account and, got my email up and running again. Now being back in school where everything for my classes in done online, and we use multiple forms of technology to complete assignments and projects I am getting to be more and more comfortable every day. I think you basically have to be comfortable with technology to teach now days.

Technology is a huge part of learning and teaching in the classrooms today. In a discussion I had with the principle at my mentor's school she explained how she actually makes sure that all of the teachers in the building are keeping up on technology and encourages them to explore new forms of technology to use in the classroom. Let's face it, kids now days know a lot about technology, and they spend a great deal of time on the internet. My son has been working my iphone better than me since he was a year old. He has more applications and games on it than I do.

There are so many forms of technology and so many different reasons to use technology in the classroom. Being enrolled in an online education program has really opened my eyes to different forms of technology and actually taught me how to use them. It has given me all kinds of ideas for ways I would like to use technology in my future classroom. Technology is everywhere and available in so many forms, you might as well take advantage of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment