Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Kicking Things Off - General Introduction

This is a very busy time in my life. The past few years have been full of major life changes and decisions in all aspects of my life. From getting married, buying a house, many remodeling projects, adding a dog to the picture, the birth of my first son, going back to school, and awaiting the arrival of my second son (which I am getting very impatient about) it has been a crazy but wonderful time.

I decided to go back to school to be an elementary education teacher about 2 years ago. I am very happy with my decision. I attended college right out of high school, but was not 100% sure what I wanted to do for my life. I took some time off of school and ended up working as a paraprofessional for a while. I absolutely loved it! It helped guide me back in the direction of school. At this time I was already married and my first son was on the way.I guess you can say "life happens." I knew attending a university would mean either a lot of travel, (being the nearest university was nearly two hours from where I lived) or it would mean moving my family to a new town. Neither choice seemed to be a good option. This is why I am so thankful for online programs and classes. I am able to earn the degree I want while being at home with my family.

I am currently enrolled in 3 summer courses. One health class and 2 math classes. I am taking Math for Elementary Education Teachers 1510 and 1512 through Central Lakes College. This blog will focus on what I am learning in my math classes, the ways math is relating to my life, and overall thoughts and experiences that I may be having relating to math and what we are currently covering. I am very excited to see what learning opportunities these classes have in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment